A surprise in store for people who love adventure as well as embracing nature. Trekking is fun when you know exactly how to go with it. Mumbai, is a metropolitan city, but amidst it are beautiful natural beauty that is worth admiring. The experience of trekking plus the fresh air of natural beauty is something to crave for. We have listed trekking places around Mumbai that are worth a shot.
- Location : 15 km trekking distance from Lonavala.
- Why Rajmachi? : It is declared as protected Monument. – Best trek for the starters. – Great nature view.
- Level : Easy
- Location : 3-4 km on west side of Neral, near Matheran.
- Why Peb? : Peb is also called ‘Vikatgad’ for its supposed shape of the Elephant Headed God. – The fort is famous for its caves which are maintained.
- Level : Moderate
- Location : 20kms from Lonavala.
- Why Lohagad? : A very easy trek and starters can get a a great hang of the experience. – Trek cum picnic spot, you can enjoy quality time with your family and friends while embracing nature.
- Level : Easy
- Location : 170 kms from pune and 210 kms from Mumbai. Situated at the base village from Northern side of Paachnai and the base village from Southern side is Khireshwar.
- Why Harishchandra? : Historic caves, have origin since 6th century. – Konkan kada, Tramati peak, Kedareshwar temple are must a visit.
- Level : Difficult
- Location : 55 km from Kalyan in Murbad.
- Why Naneghat? : Naneghat literally means coin pass, as initially toll was collected from the traders while passing this hill. – Covered in natural beauty Naneghat will give you both adventure as well as a great refreshment.
- Level : Moderate.
The above are the best places for trekking around Mumbai and adventurous people should surely tap these places for excitement and fun. What are you waiting for?? Go grab your backpack and sail off.
Image Credits : adventure365.in, images.thrillophilia.com, cleartrip.com, mumbaitravellers.in