Southern Mumbai has been blessed with a boulevard which is regarded as a queen’s necklace and students like who love to explore places will find this place really interesting. Factually, it is a network of roads along the beach and is one of the busiest in the city, Mumbai. Some of the highlights of the drive are –
- The promenade parallel to the road from where the rising and the setting sun looks simply breathtakingIt specifically connects Nariman Point to Malabar Hill and Babulnath.
- Down the northern end is Chowpatty which is the most popular place for locals and for tourists.
- A little further is Walkeshwar which is considered as one of the richest neighborhood housing celebrities and other known people
- An art deco infrastructure near the coast which is rivaled only by the Miami of US.
- Superb hotels along the beach which cater to the distinguished people who like to stay in this locale
- The fantastic C shape which is formed by the natural bay makes it look pretty in the night when the night lights make it sparkle like a necklace.
- The least known detail about the Marine Drive is that it has an alternate name, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road but this is seldom used as people recognize the place more with its prior name.
- The Chowpatty beach has some of the mouth watering beach food and various other entertaining rides to avail
Known worldwide as the pride of Mumbai, people come to its coastal beaches and spend some of the memorable times. Dotted with palm trees, the wind in the evenings transport people to some distant lands, where people actually have some quality time with friends and family while enjoying the atmosphere.
The stretch of Marine Drive is a total of 4.3 kilometers where while at the one side is the natural beauty of the endless beach and on the other the hustle bustle of the passing cars. Since the roads are very functional, the Government has also sanctioned the resurfacing of the entire road. Built on reclaimed land, Marine Drive is an important place in the lives of the Mumbaikars.